- Is the neighbourhood ideal for you?
- Is there access to public transport (bus and/or metro), highways and major roads?
- Are bottlenecks and traffic jams common in the area during rush hour and on weekends?
- Are their any hidden annoyances like train tracks or nearby factories?
- Are the surrounding houses well-maintained?
- Is the neighbourhood growing or is the population aging?
Call municipalities for information on property taxes and inquire whether any zoning changes or development projects are on the horizon - otherwise, you’ll be in for a shock if your area’s lovely wooded outskirts are converted into a shopping area in the near future. You can also check out realty sites to compare property taxes by area.